"Show me your ways, Oh Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
'Tis So Sweet
I thought I was doomed...our sweet son decided that he would wake up at 4:50am this morning! That's right...4:50 in the morning! I think he was on Cody's schedule...as Cody had to be at work at 4:00am this morning. So, I thought I was doomed. As I heard him screaming, I initially thought, "ok, Puppy has been tossed over the crib side. I'll just go in and hand it to him and he'll fall right back asleep! To my amazement (not really, as I thought that was wishful thinking even as I was thinking it), Puppy was in his hands and he was just a cryin' away, stood up and reached for me when I came in. Because I was not "wide-eyed" yet, I picked him up. I took him into our bed (remember, Cody was gone, so it was just me) and laid him down beside me. Within 30 minutes, he was back asleep, and so was I!! At 6pm, we heard the first jets take off and he said, "Got" and then went back to sleep. Every 20 minutes, I woke up with a "Got", as the jets were taking off. But then at 7am, I was pleasantly awakened with these wide eyes next to me and a smile! In the end, it was so sweet to have such a bright-eyed little boy sleeping next to me and then waking up so happy!! We may be really tired come 3pm, but alas, that is sometimes the price we pay for sweet memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you got some extra sleep in. That would have been super early!
Those are great memories! Travis will still crawl in bed with me and say "Let's don't wake up yet!"
Post a Comment