Thursday, October 25, 2007

Error!! Error!!

Well, turns out Apple/Mac knows how to catch you! I cannot download pictures from our new computer onto this blogsite, but have the option to pay a "not so nominal" fee per year to publish a website through Apple/Mac (Cody and I have guessed that, like iTunes or any other "i" thing, they have encrypted something in the computer forcing you to have to use their programs if you want to do something...like load pictures)!! Seems I have found the glitch in the new computer...they charge for you to do any sort of "artwork" if you want to publish it! However, we don't have to buy software to do this...so in the long run, I guess it all evens out...except for this whole blogspot thing. It is so so much easier to do the website directly on the Mac program...and much cooler!! Since it is a computer designed for photo editing and journaling, it's all built right in. So, here is my dilemma...continue to keep up with the blogspot on our laptop PC (which probably means less blogs, as I will have to set it up each time), or pay the "not so nominal" yearly fee and have a really cool website from which to blog our travels (which may mean more reading on your part, as I will be trying to get our money's worth, thus blogging more)...what are your thoughts??

4 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

We paid the nominal fee. The nice thing about iweb is you can keep a photo album page and family can print pictures from thier computer from your album. Ryan and I always say its just money. I say go for it. But now I know the downloading to blogspot wasn't my error is was a MAC thing. You will find that some things are just easier with a PC because this is a PC world. But for movie editing and such MACs are the way to go. So it is a trade off.

Vicki Blake said...

Sorry, not so nominal fee.

Jenny said...

Why would you buy a Mac anyway?!? just kidding. Well, since I rely on your pictures to keep me updated, I would prefer any way that would still be able to post pictures. can you wait til you go to Scotland to switch and pay the "not so nominal" fee?

JL said...

I must agree with Jenny! Since my "not so nominal fee" to Scotland might be more fun, but is not in the very near future; I need your pictures and your blogs!!!