Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Leaps

I realize that I haven't posted in a while...for that I am truly sorry. It doesn't mean that I haven't composed about a dozen posts in my mind over the last week and a half. Needless to say, I don't remember them all (I guess that's what having a child will do to you) and you would probably have been bored by all of them anyway. I figured the two that I did remember, I could put together. We had two "leaps" in our household this past weekend. The first...we became Macintosh owners! That's right, I am typing this blog on our new iMAC computer. So far, so good. For those of you that don't know me well, change is not always the most welcome thing in my life...ESPECIALLY WITH COMPUTERS! So, along with a new computer, came many frustrations on my part (and I'm sure many more to come). I do see that this computer is very much designed for those with hobbies dealing with journaling, pictures and movie making, so I am really excited about that! If I decide to explore creating a new web page utilizing the picture editing components of the computer (which, I think I should, since we paid for the programs and all!), I will let you know what our new website/blog spot address is. For now, I will stick with this, as I am not computer savvy and don't know all about this new computer yet. Which brings me to the reason there are no pictures on this blog (even though I have pictures to go with the next "leap")...I repeat, I am not computer savvy and am fearing that if I try to load the pictures without Cody here, I will crash the computer. (That's always my luck!)

Our next "leap"...Jackson moved into a new carseat! Remember my whole carseat saga?? Well, it has been resolved. We now have the Britax Diplomat in Huntington color in our car!! It was manufactured by Britax on October 2 and in our car on October 20 (thanks, Stephanie, for doing all the research!)! The company we ordered it from shipped it and we received it in 7 days here!! (For those of you that do not live overseas, that is a HUGE deal! To get anything in a week from a company is virtually unheard of.) So, Jackson is officially in the carseat that he will have for...well, a while! Since he is still so little (17lbs) at one year old, we believe we'll get our money's worth out of this carseat! Again, the pictures of him exploring the carseat are very cute...I just don't want to crash the computer! He seems to like it, so that's good.

That's all for the major leaps in our household! As we continue to make our move toward the biggest leap (our move to Scotland) we'll let you know more. Signing out and hoping this will publish from our computer!

2 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

Welcome to the world of MACs. As you know I had trouble downloading pics on blogspot so I don't know if it was a MAC issue or not. But the iweb thing has been fun. Tell Jackson congratulations on the move to his big boy chair.

Stephanie said...

I love our Britax. I just wish we had two. Look forward to seeing the pics.