Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Worst Move Ever...Part Du

I said that we could never possibly top the last move we had...you know, as far as it being "the worst move ever!" Alas, I think we have...and I don't dare say that it will be the worst move because I am now convinced it can be worse (you know, if next time the ACTUALLY lose our stuff...that would be worse)! We still only have half of our things...we moved here in October.

No appliances came in that shipment and we went without for a week but have since purchased used ones, realizing that we had to have something. We also realized the great potential that our refrigerator, washer and dryer that have been in storage for 6 years might not work! Being the Provider that He is, God helped us find some great deals on a fridge, washer and dryer.

So...the prognosis on the other half...it was supposed to be in Las Vegas two weeks ago. Not here yet. They've recently "re-located" it (like, I'm talking recently like YESTERDAY recently), and it should be in Las Vegas tomorrow or Thursday. I will never be convinced it has been located or here until it is safely in our home. Alas, we continue our life here.

Jackson is beginning to stop crying when he goes to preschool and the church nursery. Slowly, I think he's adjusting and now really believes us when we say we live in Las Vegas now. Today he told me that he wanted to go back to Scotland. Actually broke my heart when I had to remind him that our home is in Las Vegas now and that is where we live.

I believe that we may have made a decision to attend the same church that he goes to preschool at. I think this helps him to be some place familiar on Sundays, and we enjoy the church. The Sunday School that Jackson goes to is great! So that is a comfort for all of us! The only downside, really, is that it is quite a drive from us (30 minutes one way), but Las Vegas is big anyway, so we're just having to get used to the fact that if we want to go anywhere besides the grocery store, it is a bit of a drive.

I am enjoying the women's Bible Study on Tuesday mornings when Jackson is in preschool and am meeting some new friends there. I'm also enjoying my Thursday mornings buzzing by the craft stores, home improvement stores and just relaxing in a coffee shop while he is at school. It is a new found freedom for me that I think God knew I needed to find. I'm a better mom when I pick him up I think.

Cody spends a lot of time at work, which is what we expected. So, along with that came some adjustments for Jackson and me...and Cody! We are so blessed that we had so much dedicated family time while in Scotland!

So, although we are experiencing another "worst move ever" STILL, we have decided to move on and then settle into our house later...you know, whenever we get our belongings! God has given us so much to be thankful for and so the things don't really matter. (Seems to me that I had come to this conclusion 2 years ago in Scotland...when will I ever learn!!)

No comments: