Thursday, February 11, 2010

God Has A Sense of Humor

And so, since we now have an internet connection in our new home, I thought I'd briefly update you on the happenings in the Blake Home...YAY...a HOME!! Ok, momentary lapse there...I have no pictures, however, those will come later when I take them:).

Cody and I had bets (well, the same bet) on what would arrive in the first 6 crates that have been in storage here in Las Vegas for the past 2 months. (By the way, the last 6 crates were supposed to arrive yesterday...no call from the moving office, so we're assuming they are stuck on the east coast in the middle of snow somewhere! Just our luck!) I have to say, we were right on!! Aaaaand, we both agreed that God has quite a sense of humor! In a nutshell, here is what we received:
1. Christmas Tree
2. Christmas decorations (ALL like 12 plastic rubbermaid totes full...those will come in handy in FEBRUARY!!)
3. A broken glider rocker that we had decided to toss in the trash when it arrived (great, something we can't use!)
4. A red corner cabinet (that is totally not useful...just one of those "display pieces")
5. China Hutch...both pieces, but we have yet to locate the shelves for the inside of it
6. The china to go in above hutch, whenever we receive the shelves
7. Dining Table top (NO dining table legs)
8. 6 dining chairs
9. A desk in 3 pieces with no hardware to put it together
10. We did receive our bed frame AND mattressed (YAY FOR THE BED!)
11. Boxes of mementos from High school
12. Most of the lawn equipment for our postage stamp sized yard
13. Patio furniture
14. Half of the entertainment center
15. Some clothes...but no where to put them
16. All to rewards and framed mementos from various bases...good, but somehow we haven't located the ever so expensive family portrait we took in Scotland
17. Curtains that we haven't used in years!!

Needless to say, it's nice to have some of our things here. That is a blessing. And, it's funny that we don't have the "everyday dishes" (we may start using Christmas dishes...because, we have those!) to eat on, more silverware, glasses, you know the stuff you use every day! Good we bought a new tv because ours' didn't arrive in this shipment! Oh, I could go on...and continue smiling (because I truly do think it is funny!)!

And now, I must go unpack the boxes we do have...maybe I'll find some of those shelves!

No comments: