I have just finished a morning Bible study time and thought I'd share what was written in it. I am going through a study entitled "A Heart That Hopes In God-A Quiet Time Experience" by Catherine Martin. It is a great study about the Psalms. I have to admit, I haven't been completely faithful in reading it like I should but have been so blessed when I do! Anyway, here was the story I ended on today as I completed studying about the Lord being my shade in times of "heat"/trials. It's great when God meets you where you are in life...AND I REALIZE IT!
"What makes this set of china so much more expensive than that' asked the customer.
'It has more work on it. It has been put through the fire twice. Se, in this one the flowers are in the yellow band; in that one they are on the white background. This had to be put through the fire for a second time to get the design on it.'
'Why is the pattern on this vessel so blurred and marred--the design not brought out clearly?'
'That one was NOT BURNED ENOUGH. Had it remained in the furnace longer THE DARK BACKGROUND WOULD HAVE BECOME GOLD--dazzling gold, and the pattern would have stood out clear and distinct.'
Ms. Martin then goes on to comment at the end of this story, "Perhaps some of those who seem to have more than their share of suffering and disappointment are, like the costly china, being DOUBLY TRIED in the fire, that they may be more valuable in the Master's service."
Just thought I'd share. Have a blessed day...living in the Lord's protective shade!!
No comments:
Post a Comment