Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trust

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Right now, I'm trying to trust God...but I'm not quite sure I'm succeeding in this Las Vegas home buying market as we continue to make offers and they are not accepted. Right now we are a "back up offer!" Could someone please tell me why we have to be the runner-up instead of Miss America!! Renting is seeming like a really good option right now...although our lender and realtor continue to tell us that although it may not seem like it, it is a great time to buy a home here! Right...WE ARE TRYING TO DO THAT! (In all fairness, they also warned us that although it is a great time to buy, it is difficult to buy too.)

Right...going back to that whole "trusting God". Can some one of my faithful blog readers keep me accountable for that?? I know He's with us and I know He has the plans for our lives but right at this moment I'm really struggling with wanting to know NOW what those plans are.

As we were "being bummed" that our last offer didn't go through, Jackson takes a balloon rubs it on his head and sticks it to the wall (you know, that whole "static cling" effect)! The three of us started all rolling in laughter! Proof that God has a sense of humor too...and completely knows what He is doing! Thanks, God, for those little unexpected moments of laughter and blessing...and for reminding us that the material things in life, do not matter but the people that You place in our lives do!

Here's praying that I learn to trust Him more...and continue to see those little blessings every day!

3 comments:

Heather and Scott said...

I think when we are having a hard time remembering to TRUST GOD, we have to look back and REMEMBER all the times that He has been FAITHFUL. And, Kristin, He has been SO FAITHFUL to you!! Just look at the past few years and all that you've gone through, and you know that you can TRUST HIM! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Your home is marked out already sweet one, and yes you must wait on it. I HATE WAITING!!! I feel you sister. Although I must comment that it is unbelievable that Las Vegas has a booming housing mkt from the sounds of that which I suppose is good for the country in general. I have some other pilot friends moving there too this summer from Okinawa..... I'll bet you know them! With affections

JL said...

Hey my Sweet Friend! Hang in there, your perfect home is waiting for you. God's perfect timing is something I too struggle with daily. I am praying for you and the boys to have fun in the sand while waiting for your new home.