Alright, so after a good month and a half of NOT working out, I have decided that I can no longer wait until we have a house here (because, I have discovered that if I use that as a "clock" I won't be working out until next year sometime!!) to start working out and running again. You see, every time we move I gain at least 5 pounds...and I've just come to accept that. It's because all "healthy eating" goes out the window, and it's just comforting to eat sweets when we're moving! Anyway, without a scale to check, I'm about certain that I've gained AT LEAST that, so it was time to start getting up again and jogging. Can I just say I'm out of shape...greatly!!
That aside, I've observed some differences about jogging outside in Las Vegas versus jogging outside in Scotland! First off, I thought I was dreaming when I felt bits of sand in my mouth, and when I turned around to jog back to the room, I saw the faint sand cloud, so I must get used to sand in my mouth...didn't have sand where I ran in Scotland.
It's warmer here...that's number 2 difference, but that probably goes without saying. However, that brings me to number 3...I need to jog in the fall and winter here, whereas in Scotland I jogged in the spring and summer! No more "bundling up" to jog...although, it was cool weather this morning, so a jacket was helpful at first! Uh, and the topography and scenery is a bit different to look at. No rocky mountains in Scotland (of course, no green rolling hills, beautiful farms and sheep to look at here!)!!
I could probably list a whole lot of other differences, but I'll stop here. Las Vegas is just...well...different!! (Not that I didn't expect that!)
1 comment:
Yea, I love it when there are new posts from The Traveling Trio. Might I say that nowhere even compares to running in Scotland. I'll never have enough. Miss you guys!!!!
Post a Comment