Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Trick or Treat"

For the first time, Jackson went trick-or-treating this Halloween. Our first hurdle...how do you describe trick-or-treating to a child?? We showed him how to open his bag up and what to say, but being the sweet boy he was, he would not push his way up to the door and when Cody tried to show him how to gently and nicely get up with the other kids, he apparently turned to Cody and said, "I need to wait my turn." Uh, how can you argue with that?? So, he waited his turn and eventually caught onto the game, but was gentle about it. He "dressed up" as a pirate. I put that in quotes, because half of the costume I cut off, as the way it was designed was not going to work to get it on ANY 3 or 4 year old...so he wore his own pants, the shirt from the costume, the belt, the "hat" was too small and he refused to wear the eye patch (except when I made him for a picture!). He had fun and came home with a bag full of loot! We had gotten together with a few other families to trick or treat and enjoy a meal together. Here are some pictures from the night!



No comments: