Thursday, June 19, 2008

Celebrate...for God is at Work!

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky proclaims the work of His hands." Psalm 19:1

I read this verse today in a devotional book that I have. The short devotional was titled, "Every Day a Celebration." I loved it. The first few lines read, "Every day is a custom-made gift from God. How will you receive that gift? Will you celebrate your family and your life? Will you rejoice at God's marvelous creation? And will you do your best to share your joy with others?" Some pondering questions. I think that maybe these are questions that I need to post on my alarm clock, so that when it goes off every morning, I can remember that each day is a gift from God, a custom-made one...just for me! And then, I can be reminded of these questions and remember to "receive" the gift of the day with gratitude and unending thanks to God. The devotional ended with this quote from Dale Evans Rogers, "Every day we live is a priceless gift of God, loaded with possibilities to learn something new, to gain fresh insights." So, how will you receive today?? As the devotional said, "...sometimes when you're faced with the inevitable distractions of everyday living, you may be tempted to put off your celebration time till tomorrow. Don't do it!" HAPPY CELEBRATION TIME!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

wow - that's powerful! I read this first thing this morning before I started work...perfect timing!

Vicki Blake said...

Thanks, I too needed this. I feel like right now my family is just trying to make it through each day as this TPS year gets harder.