
Then, after a few hours, we headed back to St. Andrews, only to remember that there was a Championship golf tournament going on at the Old Course this weekend. That was a neat sight to see, however. We didn't have tickets to this one (which, we plan to get tickets to one of them...maybe the Open in 2010), but went out on the beach right near the course and "spotted" the players.

Then, on Saturday, we hired our British Nanny again (can't remember if I've mentioned her before but...YES...WE HAVE FOUND THE BEST SITTER EVER!! A British nanny that looks and talks like Mrs. Doubtfire!), and Cody and I tried another restaurant and went to a movie. Now, we haven't been to a movie in like 4 years. And, going to a movie in St. Andrews was the way to start back! The movie theater is an old playhouse theatre...so it is awesome on the inside. And then, they have these VIP seats that we decided to splurge on. Reclining leather seats big enough to fit you and your purse and your jacket (I always hate how I have to squeeze my purse on my seat with me in a movie theater...you know, because I'm not sticking it on that nasty coke covered, popcorn-crunched floor!). I told Cody I'd never be able to sit in those regular seats again. However, if we go to too many movies, we won't be doing the VIP seating...it's $21.00 a seat!! Yes, we did actually spend that. But, it included wine, beer or a coke too...so some little extra!! The regular seats are almost $10.00 a pop!!
Part of the point of this LONG LONG blog is to say, that I have turned a corner. God has been good to me. Cody asked me as we sat at dinner, "So, now what do you think of being here." My response, a smile and "I think I'm gonna love it here." I followed that up with, "I'm comfortable now not having many friends here and more comfortable with the area. I love the fact that the three of us are spending so much time together." But I will tell you, only God could have gotten me to that point. I know, now, that all I need is Him. The rest of it doesn't matter, but being the gracious God He is, he's given me a wonderful husband, a sweet little boy and a couple of friends to call on here, as well as a lovely house with a beautiful view of His land. I am undeserving but incredibly thankful!
2 comments:
I am so sorry the first part of your move was rough. I am happy that Cody has been around more so you can spend time together. When your family is all together it always makes life seem easier.
Vicki
(I can't seem to log in)
I am so glad that you have found your "spot" in Scotland. God is Good!
Post a Comment