"Show me your ways, Oh Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Time Flies
Yep, that's us, in Times Square celebrating our 10th Anniversary!! To those of you who were in attendance at our "crazy" wedding, thank you for celebrating with us 10 years ago! To those of you who have become our friends since, thank you so much for being our friends in these 10 years. Mostly, to my husband, thank you for a wonderful past 10 years...3 countries, 4 moves, and one sweet son later...WOW! God knew what He was doing when we met over 10 years ago! I love you much!!
We had a wonderful time in NYC while Jackson spent some undivided time with his Oma and Opa at our home in Vegas. I think Jackson and his Oma and Opa would argue with us about who had the most fun! It's probably a good argument, but I only saw the NYC part first hand, so I'll share a bit of that in pictures:
Man, we had a fun time...saw Chicago and Wicked, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Wall St., 911 site, Brooklyn Bridge, stayed at The Waldorf, walked Central Park, Radio City Music Hall, ate pizza, hot dogs and fabulous steak dinners, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Top of the Rock, the Hudson River, oh, I could go on. And some day, we'd like to go back, because 4 days just wasn't enough!! But, it was a fabulous time!
Time does fly! 10 years of marriage and an almost 5 year old! I was sitting with Jackson on the couch the other day just cherishing a calm moment of hugging on him when I had many flashbacks of the last 5 years and then the past 10 years. So much has changed and I never could have imagined all of the places and people and things that have happened to us. Only God could ever orchestrate it all so perfectly! Looking back at the challenges and times of rejoicing, I realize that the only way we could have made it through was with the loving kindness of God's Holy Hand. Ahhhh, I love to relish in that thought...God picking me up in His hand and placing me back on my feet so many times and God leading me through trials to learn to trust in Him more. I am grateful to have a soul mate to go through all of this with and a son to teach it all to.
As I think about tomorrow, I have butterflies in my stomach again. My "little baby" is growing way too fast. Tomorrow I will release him for 3 FULL DAYS of pre-kindergarten. I will start the 30 minute one-way drive to hand him over to a new teacher, a new group of friends and a new curriculum where he will learn new things, including how to make it through a day without Mommy. Sure, I'll have him "back" on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but there's something about this step that rattles my nerves. He'll be fine, and so will I, but he is growing. I only hope we've taught him what he needs to know to "be fine" and that we've taught him that the Love of God is with him always. I mostly pray that through his new teacher, he will continue to learn more about God and how to lean on Him through the day. And then, I pray God will calm me...and keep me calm as I hand him over to "life!" Why did I never think this day would come?!?!?
Time Flies, and it will continue to so I'll hold on tight...to God's Hand as He leads me through it all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What fun celebrating 10! Yes, of course, we all remember your wedding quite well. It was something that was probably devastating at first and now you can look back and laugh. Glad you could get away to celebrate together. Hope back to school is great and enjoy a little mommy time! Hope your family is all good.
Happy 10 years! What many blessings God has brought your way. So happy you guys got the NYC trip in before this crazy weather!! Makes me want Brad to take me there while we are on the east coast, but what "excuse" do we have?? I will have to come up with something ;) You looked beautiful and happy!!
Post a Comment