Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Grace...

Ephesians 2:8 says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--"

GRACE...Philip Yancey wrote a book called, "What's So Amazing About Grace?" Sadly, I never finished the book, but what I remember of the book was great...and I do believe after watching "The Grace Card" just now, I will start the book over and read it from cover to cover. But, on the back of the book it says, "There is nothing we can do to make God love us more. There is nothing we can do to make God love us less." Ponder that...

ISN'T THAT AN AMAZING STATEMENT!! Nothing...NOTHING we can do can make God love us more or less. He loves us unconditionally already. WOWZERS!! If you are a Believing Christian, you know this. If you're like me, as a Believing Christian, sometimes it just hits what God has truly done for me and that I was worthy of what He did for ME...measely me!! And then, I am reminded of what He expects in return...for me to show the same grace, mercy, forgiveness and love to others.

I just finished watching the movie "The Grace Card" and it touched me. If you haven't seen it, might I encourage you to go rent it (and buy a box of kleenexes too...and don't wear mascara ladies! My eyes look black now!). I won't give away the movie, but as I said, it touched me! Do I show that kind of Grace?? The kind of grace that God expects me to demonstrate to others?? This same kind of grace that God granted me?? Do I live for "that moment" that God orchestrates, see it and rely on Him to follow through with whatever it is He wants me to do or say??

Something to think about...eh?

No comments: