"Show me your ways, Oh Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5
Monday, August 29, 2011
Pre-K=First Day of Full-Day School
He was excited when he woke up this morning...to see his friends and to go back to school. And then, as I was showing him his lunch sack and putting his sandwich in it, the tears began to flow and he says, through his sobs, "I'm scared." So, I took a huge breath, said a little prayer that God would help ME not to cry too and asked him why. "Because I want to spend the day with you." As sweet as that sounded at that moment, I knew I couldn't cave...I had made the decision that if we were going to do Full-Day Pre-K he was going to stay Full Day (plus we're paying a mini fortune for it!)!! So, we arrived at school, he saw his best buddy, put his backpack away, and we went to the playground. I introduced myself to the teacher and Jackson to the teacher, then leaned down, gave him a huge hug, he hugged me back, messed with my hair, gave me the sweetest smile, and he was off to play. After a few minutes, I skeedaddled, but stuck around to peek around the corner as they came back in 15 min. later. He was great!
And so, that is that! It is 1:00pm...our boy has officially made it through more of a day of school than he ever has in the past (before, preschool was only 2 1/2 hours). So proud of him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yea for Jackson! Celebrate by filling that empty glass of wine behind him! Such a great mommy to prepare him to spread his wings. Now he's ready to fly.
Post a Comment