Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Nomadic Family



So as not to leave my faithful readers at a loss for what is to be going on these next couple of months, I will update you...now that I know what's going on! I have just booked tickets for J and me to travel across the USA to visit some family on our way to meet up with C in FL where he will be for at least a month or so. Then, our travel ends in Panama City...for now. I do not have tickets back to Las Vegas...no worries, though...we'll make it back, just don't know when but sometime in December or early January.

No, we do not have a place to lay our heads in Las Vegas yet, which is why we've decided to leave with C and the reason that I've officially claimed the term "nomadic family" to fit our family right now. House hunting has proved to be what we thought it would be here...HARD...you know, unless you have lots of thousands of dollars of cash to pay for these homes up front (which, as a sidenote, we do not!). So, we'll continue to be patient and pray and really search deeper for what God has planned for us here as far as housing is concerned. We'll re-attack the issue when we get back in January. Right now, I'm excited about getting out of this temporary lodging shoebox, visiting family for a while, and spending Thanksgiving with my husband.

It's possible we'll be gone through the rest of the year, so if for some reason there is not a blog post until January, please forgive me. I'll try to post as we travel. If I don't see you, talk to you, or bump into you along the way, have a blessed Thanksgiving and Christmas!

4 comments:

kristen said...

Oh my dear friend! I do hope things work out and what a great idea...leave town for awhile. You might as well, it beats any TLF. I am sure your family can't wait to see you. Have safe travels!

JL said...

Well, I am so sorry to here that you are nomads! however, on a selfish note I really hope your travel bring you to North Texas.

Stu, Abby, Olivia, Eloise & Harry said...

Sounds like a good idea to catch up with all those members of family that I am sure you have missed over the last few years away! It is great to read your blog and see what you guys are getting up to stateside. Hope you have a lovely thanksgiving and christmas, I obviously wont be sending you a card as you have no address LOL!!! Take care and lots of love to you all xxxx

Stephanie said...

It's no good that the housing market is a challenge and a half, but I so enjoy reading your posts to help remind ME of the important things. Thank you. I'm really hoping that you need to make a detour near Virginia :), but mostly I hope your travels are happy and safe!