Monday, June 22, 2009

Uh....What?!?!?!

So today I'm walking out of the grocery store with Jackson helping me push the cart. He is wearing his University of Texas track suit...which I think is so cute on him. It is orange because, for those of you who do not know, the UT colors are white and burnt orange. A middle-aged man turns to me as we're walking and says, "Looks like he (as he points to Jackson) just got out of Guantanimo!" and walks off laughing.

Here's my question...what should my response to that comment have been???? I believe I just simply smiled and said "Oh"...you know, because I was slightly caught off guard by someone telling me that my two year old looks like he just got out of a maximum security prison!!!!!!

And, just so you can envision what he looks like in that track suit...here is a picture of him on the day he wore it to the aquarium here not too long ago.

I may be biased, but he certainly doesn't look like a convict to me...but just simply a two-year-old in an orange track suit.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's a good one! Was the guy Scottish? Because that makes it even weirder. However, if your child would sport other colors (like maybe the crimson and blue) you wouldn't have to deal with such slander. Just a suggestion.

Vicki Blake said...

Ha, I think he was just jealous that he did not go to the coolest school.

Jenny said...

OH NO! Next thing you know, they will pick him out of the crowd on his next international flight as a "security risk" and will have to do the extra screening measures on him!

Here's a solution: GREEN AND GOLD!