The most recent conversation that happened last night after bathtime:
J was getting out of the bath and looks at his hands...which, I might add, he usually does after getting out of the bath, but the conversation was different (and humorous to me) last night.
J: AAAAAAAAAA!! JACKSON'S HANDS ARE WRINKLED!!!
Me: Well, that's because you were in the bath water for a long time playing.
J: Mommy take the wrinkles off! (as he pushes his hands in front of my face)
Me: Well, I cannot take them off. They will just disappear on their own.
Five minutes later:
J: (hands under the running water in the sink)
Me: What are you doing?
J: Jackson's trying to wash the wrinkles off.
Me: (giggling) Putting your hands under the water will only make the wrinkles stay and give you more wrinkles.
J: (turns off the water and dries his hands)
And...that was the end of that lesson. I truly don't know if he ever understood that the wrinkles were caused by the water...and I only say that because we have that whole "Wrinkles-are-caused-by-your-hands-being-in-the-water-long" conversation about half of the time he takes a bath...so about every 4th day of the past year. And, if you think about it, it really is kinda' a strange phenomenon...so what 2-year-old wouldn't be concerned and/or intrigued by it.
No comments:
Post a Comment