Thursday, April 16, 2009

New "Useful?" Words

So, Jackson has found it a necessity to watch Bob the Builder often...mind you we've had some disagreements, if you will, on how often he truly NEEDS to watch it! I am pleased to say that he has picked up some new vocabulary from it, however.

**Just prior to Jackson jumping into a basket of laundry today, he exclaims, "JACKSON DO DEMOLITION!!!" And, that is precisely what he did with the laundry...demolished the nice neat pile!!

**As I put my makeup on, he, like any inquisitive 2 year old, always wants to know the name of what I'm putting on. When I told him "foundation", he commented, "Oh, like on Bob!" Uh, well, sortof...it does go on the bottom of all the makeup.

**While looking at a brown beaded bracelet I had on the other day, he commented, "That looks like a power shovel!" Great!! That's just what I needed to hear about my bracelet...it looks like a power shovel!! I still have yet to see the resemblance...unless of course I am picturing the wrong kind of construction vehicle (maybe I should watch more of Bob?)!

**Then, on a totally "unrelated to Bob the Builder" note, the other morning I was asking him a series of questions...you know, like, "What do you want for breakfast? Do you want your waffle toasted? Do you want jam on your waffle? What would you like to drink?" I then ended with a calm, "Are you silly?" Jackson's response, after a pause and a smile, was, "No, I'm just regular."

So, he's added "demolition," "foundation," and "power shovel" to his vocabulary. And, well, I guess I feel better about sitting him in front of Bob the Builder because...you know...at least he's learning something...right?!?!?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love it! We are constantly hearing the same type of stuff - my dad assures me that educational tv isn't harmful. Let's hope he's right!

kristen said...

Love reading your blog and seeing all the pictures. Thanks for your kind words and prayers as we prepare for a very long year starting in the fall. It breaks my heart more that he will miss Bryce's 2nd year of life...but hopefully with Skype and web cam he will still know his Daddy.
Love all the Easter pictures....give Jackson kisses from us and send Cody our love too.