Sunday, March 8, 2009

God's Affirmation

First of all, thank you to all of those who have been diligently praying for a location for the Women's Bible Study I mentioned a few posts ago...WE HAVE A LOCATION!! God worked quickly!! We will be meeting in our church fellowship room...so a great location for the students, as it is right by the University!

Now, here's the HUGE thing that I must share. Do you ever just get the affirmation from God that you need when trying to follow in His footsteps and become even more eager than before...because you know that what is happening can only happen because God is at work???? Well, it took a while for my pastor to get back to me about the location, because, he wanted to share a vision with me. (I'll try to make this short, but it may not turn out that way.) Thursday, our pastor's wife was over at our house for lunch, and she mentioned that her husband (our pastor)hadn't forgotten about my question about using the church for the Bible Study but that he had something he wanted to talk to me about that went right along with this new study that I'm starting. So, today, I spoke with him after church. You see, the church has been planning to start up a weekday Bible study for both guy and girl University students. It would start as a group and then break off into two groups, one women's Bible Study group and one men's Bible Study group. When he received my e-mail a week ago, he realized how incredibly this all fit together. They plan to start this in September. So, I am going to be the "trial run" for the women to see how it goes...or at least that's how I see it! I AM SO EXCITED!! Although I wasn't doubting God about leading this study, it is so cool to see how He was working in other areas of the church and in me at the same time to make it all come together for the bettering of His Kingdom!!

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Keep praying that the rest of the plans will get ironed out...what to study, where to start, how to make these women feel "comfortable" with me, and most importantly, that I will just be able to proclaim God's Word as He would have me do it!

1 comment:

Heather and Scott said...

It's so neat to see how God's plans work out so beautifully!! I'm glad you have a place to do the study AND for follow-on studies. Truly an answered prayer! I'm interested in what study God is leading you to do! Let me know! Love ya!