Ok, so I have just spent Jackson's entire nap on the computer...over 2 hours. Mind you, I've gotten lots done, reservations made, books for Bible study ordered, some research done, but no cleaning. Anyway, right now, I'm ok with that, because in putting together a "trial" blogspot for these University students that I will be reaching out to with God, I pulled up LifeWay's website and then, of course, Beth Moore's Living Proof Ministries website. I just love her and can spend hours (clearly) on her site! And so, I happened upon a clip of her "Deeper Still" conference that she, Kay Arthur and Pricilla Shirir led back in 2007 (she is running 3 this year if you're interested...if I didn't live so far away, I'd be there!!). Here is a clip that caught my ear, that I repeated over and over and I thought I'd share with you...just for your daily pondering with God:
Beth Moore's quote went something like this (I may have a few unimportant words wrong): "You may not be where you want to be, I'm not where I want to be [with God], but girlfriend are we where we WERE?!? And if we are, we need to get movin'!!"
So, are you where you want to be with God? If not, are you where you were?? Hmmm...thought provoking.
My answer...I'm not where I want to be with God today, but I'm confident that I'm not where I was 15 years ago...for, that's when I found the forgiving powers and the gracefulness of Christ. May He bless you today.
2 comments:
Post a Comment