Monday, January 7, 2008

It Fits!!

Well, I will say, we are at home here in Scotland. If I could just push aside all of the billion challenges that we must overcome (including the lack of internet connections here), then all would be just peachy keen. Cody left just now and so Jackson and I are here in a coffee shop where I can get internet access. The challenge...Jackson has discovered his screaming lungs...YIPES!! None the less, here I sit...because I am going through blog withdrawal!! So, we obviously got visas (after arriving at the office, the lady we were supposed to meet decided to take the day off and the computers were down...so after 3 hours for a 30 minute process, we got them) and arrived in the UK (after 2 canceled flights, stuff being stolen out of a hotel room, being invisible to an airport shuttle, having a child who doesn't adjust well to time zone change, and many other mishaps). I will say, we could create the next addition to the National Lampoon series..."The Blakes National Lampoon PCS" ... it might be a hoot by the time it is produced...right now, I'm still trying to find the humour in it all!!

Needless to say, Scotland is definitely where we belong...in fact we fit in well here. It is "old fashioned" if you will. I should post pictures, but I left them back in our room. I'll do it next time I get out to the coffee shop. Anyway, just thought I'd write a little something for those of you who are wanting to keep up with us in merry ol' Scotland. I'll keep you updated...as we find a car, a house and figure out how this country's electricity and appliances work (that's a story all in itself!!)!

6 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

Good to hear from you!!! I am glad you made it and after all the mishaps Scotland seems to be what you wanted it to be. I know you guys are going to have great fun. And well Jackson is just a kiddo who is entering toddler-hood. Fun and challenges ahead. We can't wait to visit you guys.

Anonymous said...

We are excited that you guys made it! Being a world traveler is hard as an adult, and we are so proud that Jackson is doing it at such a young age! What an awesome nephew!

What exactly was stolen in the hotel room? If you can wait a year and a half, I will know a lawyer that can take care of that issue...

Congrats on the big move and we cannot wait to see you guys. Also, do they have charcoal in Scotland?

We love all three of you!

Sam and Jenny

Heather and Scott said...

Wow...what will you do without easy access to the internet?! You might have to start a wave of change in Scotland! Bring them to the world of blogging!! We're glad you made it to Scotland, but we miss you terribly here!

Stephanie said...

It sounds perfect (minus the internet thing - I can empathize!) Hopefully things will continue to fall into place and you can update us with photos every day :) Jackson will adjust to the timezone but I think the hollers are probably here to stay - happy sounds from a happy boy!

JL said...

So glad you made it and are doing well! Jackson is a trooper, and so are you. Don;t worry the time will come very soon when you can take a breath.

Steph said...

Oh my! I'm so glad you made it ok and you are finally starting to settle in. At least the "getting there" part is behind you; the rest will all fall into place. I'm so happy for you! You guys are going to have an amazing time! I can't wait to see Scotland through your eyes (er, lens.)