So I am sitting here in our kitchen, cherishing this moment where Jackson plays with his cars and the tv is on cartoons and I sit in my pjs still. Nevermind that last night I said to myself, "I will clean the bathrooms in this house before we leave for our 10am gymnastics class," because alas, here I sit at 8:50am. Oh well...
We had a vacation scheduled to the mountains this weekend, but seeing as there has been lots of snow up there and they are requiring snow equipment on cars that we do not own, we have moved that vacation...so that brings me to this blog, because, it was open on a tab on the computer where I have been sitting rescheduling trips and looking at calendars...basically, wasting time. It was open up to the blog post written by my sweet husband on the train weeks prior to our move to Las Vegas from Scotland...remember that blog?? Yea, for those of you who remember that our telephone was cut off prematurely thus ending our internet access and Cody writing a blog from the train on the beginning of our move experience (you know, "The Blake's National Lampoon Move #2"), that was only the beginning of our horrible move back stateside. Well, I laughed...one of the comments was from my great friend, Kristen stating that it had to go better than our move from Japan to Scotland. In reality, we know that the move to Vegas was just as bad or possibly worse than that move from Japan. I laughed because, we have had many people on multiple occasions recently say, "Well, how much worse can the move to Alabama be than your other recent two?!?!?"
Folks, I'm not fooled. I told Cody last night, through sarcastic laughter, I almost expect something to happen and am anxious to see WHAT happens. Yes, it is simply a stateside move from (nearly) the West Coast to (nearly) the East Coast. So, one would think nothing could happen. But, we are the Blakes and it is the Air Force we are talking about here, so I rest in the fact that SOMETHING will happen...and smile. At least I'm prepared for an "upset."
I just wonder "which state" our belongings will be shipped to THIS time and how long it will take for them to locate them and what in the world other loopholes we'll find in the moving process and then which moving company will be "banned" from moving Air Force families in the future...because of the Blakes' terrible move.
As you can see, I have no faith that things will work out perfectly. If they do, what a lovely surprise that would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment