Obviously I have not posted on this blog in a while. To be honest, it seems to be "a bother" to post...the pictures take too long to load, I can't think of exciting things to say, and then...wala!! It occurred to me that the problem was not with any of that...I have LOADS of pictures to post that are about exciting things and who cares if they take too long!! It occurred that the problem is with me...I've just felt "bogged down" with things, but then, I realized those things were things of my creating. I've just been in a lull. And, with that, I stumbled across this scripture the other day while studying the Bible, "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." It is from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. I was completely convicted when I read this verse. I realized that I have been missing out on the joy of life...which for me is in the little everyday things that happen! I realized it while blowing bubbles with my sweet four year old. Bubbles are so much fun! I forced myself to smile and not think of the things that "needed" to get done...and you know what, I found myself smiling and having a blast. I just got done playing car races with Jackson (races that I never win, mind you!), but had so much fun laughing...at nothing!
So, my blog is taking a new turn...I'm going to try to post more frequently, but they may be short posts and they will all search for the joy in my day.
Yesterday: My day was consumed with the thoughts of my dad in a 10 hour surgery to remove what they think are cancerous lumps in his esophagus. Those thoughts were immediately always turned to prayers. I thank God for that, as it was through those prayers that I knew I didn't have to carry the burden of those thoughts but that Jesus took them every time. But, where is the joy in a day like that?? No joy in the actual earthly circumstance, but my joy yesterday came in realizing how many people I know that truly care about me and my family. Most of my faithful blog readers were commenting on my facebook page that they were praying...and you didn't even know what for! THAT meant so much to me, and in turn, to my family.
I thought I'd include some pictures of Jackson and my dad at Christmas. These pictures exemplify "joy" to me!!


And then, I leave you with this family picture of us at Christmas. The "Whisler" side was all together this Christmas...another picture of "joy" during a most wonderful time of the year when we celebrate the birth of our Savior! And, to think back to all the joyous times we had...times full of laughter and love!
2 comments:
Oh, wow, Kristin! I didn't know your father had surgery -- I'll be praying for his recovery. I love the "new direction" your blog will be taking...although I enjoyed your past blogs too. :) Love you, sweet friend.
Hooray for blogging more! I was in a funk, too. Glad you're back!
Jackson is such a cutie. What I really can't wait to see are more videos! I love his cute little voice.
Post a Comment