I had plans tonight and they involved watching "Army Wives" (as I DVR it every Sunday!) and then turning the tv off and sewing. I watched my "Army Wives" episode, and then, as I suspected, I got lazy and thought, I'll just "see" what is on the tv right now. And so, I began channel surfing...
OK, rewind to 2 months ago. I was sitting one morning with Jackson in front of the tv. We had just received our subscription of "Christianity Today" in the mail the week prior and, being lazy, I hadn't moved it from the counter. I don't usually flip through the ENTIRE magazine, but skim it and read a few of the articles and then stick it back in the study for a later read. This morning, however, I flipped through the magazine...until an ad caught my eye. The ad was for a book entitled, "The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven" by Alex Malarkey, co-authored with his dad, Kevin Malarkey...at that point, God wisked me back to several years ago. It was a vague memory...in fact, so vague that I called my mom to make sure it was a real memory and not something I was making up. You see, years ago I got a call from my mom and dad that Kevin and their son, Alex, had been in a terrible car accident and Alex was not doing well. They are family...3rd or 4th cousins (I cannot remember exactly), but I vaguely remember them from family reunions. And now, Alex and his dad, Kevin, have written this book together, which I am excited to buy and read, because the book is an account of Alex's temporary stay in heaven and his encounter with God and angels.
Alright, so to right now and my tv channel surfing...so I'm surfing and come to TBN where the show that started 10 minutes prior is entitled, "The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven". What??!!?? So naturally, I clicked on it...and there was the story of Alex and Kevin and their family and their past and current struggles, trials, faith in a "Dynamic God", and their Christian walk. AMAZING!! And, the show concluded with Alex singing in their church children's choir a line in the song that is scripture from the Bible...Mark 12:30! If you read my last blog post, you will remember that Mark 12:30 is the new verse that I picked for Jackson.
Sometimes, there's no doubt in my mind that God is in the room with me, sitting next to me, "talking" to me, helping me, guiding me, showing me that life is wonderful and full of many blessings, if I just forget about myself and look to Him. Tonight was one of those nights.
My Father God, the King of Heaven and Earth, touched me...
No comments:
Post a Comment