Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Trip to the Museum

So I had been promising J that I would take him to the Children's museum here in Vegas. Although not in the best part of town (however, what "part" of Vegas is really "the best?!?!?"), I ventured out with him last Friday. We needed a break from the sun outside and I could not stand being inside any more.

We arrived at opening time, only to discover many other Moms and kids wanting a chance to be inside for a few hours! ( I don't blame any of them...I believe that day the high was forecast for something like 110 degrees!!)

Similar to our "Children's Museum Experience" in North Carolina (only on a smaller scale), J enjoyed a kid-sized grocery store (which was his favorite!), carrying shapes from one area to the next and sending them into a pulley system, piloting a play airplane, repairing a car, making big bubbles, dressing up, playing the plumbing pipes like "The Blue Man Group", learning about all sorts of science, and climbing through a cool tunnel playscape!!




It kept him going for 3 hours...and he probably would have stayed longer, except for the fact that there was no cafe and we were way beyond lunch time!

We'll have to go back some day, I have been informed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like J had a great time! we have a children's museum here - so much fun to watch them be "little adult people"!! grammy is coming in a few weeks and she has a yearly pass - the kids can't wait to go again!