Friday, July 9, 2010

It's An Annual Thing

Aaaand, of course it's annual, it's the 4th of July! Aaaand, as usual, our 4th of July weekend is full of fun! Cody's Birthday was Friday. We had a fun time celebrating by opening presents in the morning, being in the pool in the afternoon and then I had gotten our "first" sitter here so that Cody and I could go out to dinner that night. (Turns out we have babysitters that live 2 doors down from us...SWEEEEEET!) For his birthday, Cody got a Ukulele from his brother (they get really creative with gifts...I thought it was perfect!!) to play Hawaiian music by the pool! Cute thing, though, Jackson immediately ran and got his from his play stuff and they started playing together! I thought it was great!

Saturday, we trekked over to the park behind our house and watched the fireworks put on by the City of North Las Vegas. Two hours and 2 glow sticks later, we came home, having enjoyed American fireworks in America for the first time in many years!

Then, Sunday, we had a 4th of July barbeque...which apparently is becoming tradition for us! On Wednesday morning, we were planning on about 6 people coming. And then Friday, we seemed to have added a "few" more. I think we ended up with about 20 people...Americans, Australians and British all included! It's kinda cool that we had 2 British people that had been at our party last year in Scotland with us this year in America!!




We had a great time swimming, cooking, talking and eating more than enough food!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day! Thank you to God for sending His son to set us free and thank you to all those troops serving our country so that we can all be free...for freedom isn't free!

No comments: