Friday, April 23, 2010

Your Morning's Laugh

This morning's conversation:

J: (looking up at me smiling and messing with his pants) Hey, Mom, something tickles.

Me: Well do you know what is tickling you (you see, because the smile gave away the fact that HE had caused the tickling somehow!)??

J: Yea, a penny.

Me: (laughing) You put a penny down your pants??

J: Yes (smiling)

Me: Well, let's get it out then (find the penny in his underwear).
Me: Don't stick things down your pants, okay? Why did you do that to begin with? (I was kindof laughing too, as the whole situation was one of those, "I can't believe I'm having this conversation, but I want to know the reasoning of a 3-year-old" moments.)

J: Because I didn't have a pocket!

Well, I bust out in laughter now!! Good reason. Now, I believe, we need to have a conversation about stealing other people's money!! Honestly, I have no idea where the penny came from!

2 comments:

Heather and Scott said...

I don't think anyone would want it back :) He can keep the penny :):):)

Stephanie said...

I love three year olds and their logic for things. If we truly listen to them, often what they do does make sense.