Sunday, May 4, 2008

First Haircut

At 18 months old, Jackson finally had enough hair that it needed a trim. So, we took him down into St. Andrews yesterday to one of the places that Cody goes to get his hair cut. The lady was great...I mean REALLY GREAT because, Jackson, well, we discovered, was not very fond of the barber shop. Here are some pictures of his "haircutting experience."


If you look in the mirror in the picture, you can see how pleased he was to be there!


This picture was taken after the haircut...poor little guy, still not very happy.

He looks like such a big boy now. And, amazingly enough, the haircut looks great! The lady that cut it must have done this before, because for the amount that Jackson moved his head, it was hard for me to believe that it would be straight at all. But alas, she did an awesome job.

On another note, after church today, we went to lunch in downtown St. Andrews and then spent some time out by the beautiful flower gardens overlooking St. Andrews Bay (where "The Chariots of Fire" was filmed). Here are some of the pictures. The flowers around here are just gorgeous right now!! And, we have reached the upper 50's this past week! It is absolutely beautiful here now!





It's been a great weekend here. And, because of the bank holiday (they have these here...and they're great because Cody gets them off!!), Cody will be home Monday and Tuesday. Jackson and I leave on Wednesday for a two week holiday to the states. Hope your weeks are good!! We'll catch up with you after our holiday if I don't get a chance to blog while I'm in the states.

5 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

Oh, yes, one of the great milestones. Now you just have to get ready for potty training. Yikes! Okay, he does have a little time but I do suggest you start mentally preparing because it is one of the toughest.

Stephanie said...

The pics look great! I hope you have a wonderful trip. Where will you be?

Stephanie said...

Great pictures! I'm glad Cody's home for a few days and I hope you and Jackson (who does look very much like a big boy now) have a safe and easy trip back :)

Jenny said...

Oh no! He's so grown up now! It's hard to believe he was ready for a haircut...I still picture him at 6 months old! We can't wait to see you and Jackson very very soon! Love, Aunt Jenny

JL said...

Poor Guy! I think that is the first time we have ever seen him without a smile on his face. I can't wait to see you! It was great talking last night.