Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Jury's Still Out

Yep, that's right...no telling if Jackson and I will actually make it to Scotland with Cody. As of today, the answer is no. UGH!! To make a long story short, someone sent our visa applications to the wrong place, in the process of getting it to the correct place, it was discovered that the process had changed and the country now requires people to apply for visas in person...that's right IN PERSON!! And you know where the closest place for us to go is?? Any guesses?? TOKYO!! For those of you who do not realize, Okinawa is an airplane ride away from Tokyo (as Tokyo is on Mainland Japan and Okinawa, a little island all by itself). I have a wonderful husband though, and he is trying his darnedest to figure out what to do. The answer here was, "Well, you'll just have to do it on your own in the states." My husband's answer, "Negative!" We'll see...the jury's still out on this one! I'm trying to remain calm and not completely break down in tears, as I know that will not help the situation any. I've done pretty good. I figure, although we may not make it at the beginning of January with Cody, we'll make it by the end of January. Maybe that means more Target trips in the US?!?? Although, given the choice, I'd like to go with my husband to Scotland instead of Target! I'll keep you updated. God is good, and I know it will all work out the way it should...I can find comfort in that.

2 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

What a mess. So sorry. We will be praying for you!

JL said...

I agree what a mess! You would think people around there would be familiar with visas and all that it entails! Keep us posted.