Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Fun Day!





Two posts in one day...WOW!! Of course, this post is a delayed post. Seeing as we are leaving on 22 December to spend Christmas in the states before heading to Scotland, we had our own family gift giving this past Saturday, followed by a visit to see Santa, who arrived on none other than an F15!! Two things we discovered about this past Saturday: 1) We underestimated how much fun Jackson would have opening presents! For weeks we have been telling him, "Do not touch the presents. You must wait until Christmas." Well "Christmas" was here...and he tore away. When we took too long getting another present (a.k.a. longer than 5 seconds), he was under the tree dragging one out. He had a blast, with the paper and ribbon of course...not with the cool toys...Cody and I had a blast with those!! Until later, and then he discovered the toys, because the paper was gone!
The second thing we discovered: Jackson is not a fan of Santa. Not that we figured he would be, but we thought we'd put him through the torture of trying (I always said I would not do that...shame on me!!). He didn't get too close before he started wailing! Poor guy. I felt like a bad mom then. But, of course, we got a picture of the moment. Enjoy the pics of our fun day!!






2 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

Fun during the chaos. Thank God for simple things!

JL said...

I think every family has at least one picture with mom and dad with Santa. I know we do! You are a great mom!