Friday, August 30, 2013

A Visit to Inchon-dong

Jackson wanted to play at the park.  We have 4 playgrounds right behind our house...literally.  We step out of our door, walk down the stairs turn a corner and can choose one of four parks to play at...all within a 30 second walk of each other.  But, I had to throw a kink in the plan.  I didn't want to sit at the SAME park we always do...I wanted to explore outside of the confines of the parks on the Army Post we live on.

Soooo...in comes Inchon-dong.  Come to find out, my friends who have lived here over a year didn't even realize there was an area of exploration where we went!  Jackson and I explored by ourselves today, which was good for us!  Took us both outside of our comfort zones.  One thing to note...it was stifling hot, so our adventure was a couple hours and then back home.

We took the Post Shuttle bus to right outside of Ichon Station, which is a huge subway station, we crossed under the street via the station and popped out at this wonderful playground.  Perfect!!






Jackson had so much fun playing at a NEW park!  Come to find out, there were about 8 parks along our walk that morning.  Great area for playing.

On our walk, we had a mission to find the craft store/stationary store as we needed some supplies for an art project we were planning to do.  We came upon 2 stores that suit our needs.  Along the way we discovered an EMart Everyday.  EMart here is kindof like Walmart...sortof.  But the EMart Everyday is like a very mini version of it.  I told Jackson he could pick out a snack but it couldn't have any English on the label.  He ended up with some yummy treats!!



We had a fun adventure in Ichon-dong, just the two of us, that day!!


No comments: