Friday, July 19, 2013

Our Life in Korea Has Begun!

YAY!!  Cody has set up the computer in the hotel room so that I can now blog!!  It's taken a while to get it all connected, but here it is!

Time to start journaling our journey here!

Prior to our trip to Korea, we made a stop at Disney World in Orlando.  This was a 6 day adventure in between movers in Alabama.  I will post some pictures in a "rewind" post later.

THIS post is dedicated to our new adventures thus far in Korea!!  We arrived on June 28 and have been staying in a hotel room (The Dragon Hill Lodge) on the Army Post since we arrived.  Yes, folks, if you are counting, we are on day #20 in this spacious hotel room...that has all of a sudden taken on the look of a closet!  We arrived when everyone else did and are awaiting on-post 2 bedroom housing.  Alas, I have confidence that God has a plan for us for a house...whether that be here on post or moving off post.  I'll update you when we know more!

Our first adventure off post was to Itaewon.  It is a street just outside of one of the gates of the post (for those of you that have been to Kadena AB, I would sortof liken it to Gate 2 street...except, in my opinion, it is MUCH longer, wider and more westernized).

There were interesting signs, such as this one (that of course I spotted because it had an action hero on it.  Having a 6 year old, apparently my eyes are trained to find action heroes.).
And then, a Starbucks on what seemed like every 2 blocks...or less!!  At least I know I can get my Peppermint Mocha at Christmas time (well, and there are 2 Starbucks on post too).
It was an interesting and enlightening trip!

Then, Jackson and I ventured to Naemdemun.  (Unfortunately, I do not have but one picture from there and I have not loaded it from my phone to the computer.)  This is a huge Market with TONS of stuff.  A bit overwhelming, but I plan to go back some day.  It was an easy subway ride from the Post.

2 days ago, Jackson and I, along with some new friends, went by subway to a mall that has an aquarium inside of it.  The COEX Mall houses stores as well as an aquarium and the Kimchi Museum (which we opted not to visit on our trip).





Jackson had a lot of fun with his new friend, Rylee.






They had a Dr. Fish there!  Apparently it's a manicure by fish!!  Jackson decided to briefly try it and laughed as the fish began to nibble on his fingers.

It was a great day out of the hotel...complete with Korean Bulgogi Pizza for lunch!

No comments: