"Show me your ways, Oh Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5
Thursday, November 29, 2012
My Heart is Full!
It has been an exciting time in our house and nothing will ever top that excitement!
Nothing.
On November 15, 2012 our beloved son accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior!! That decision brought both Mom and Dad to tears. Hours later, Jackson jumped out of the bath and exclaimed, "I have Jesus in my heart!!" It was awesome!
Last Sunday, he walked down in front of the church to share his exciting news. When he walked down, the pastor introduced him to the church and said, "I think this was the age that James Dobson accepted Christ." I would venture to say that half the congregation could not see him, as small as he was standing up there making this announcement. It was then that it occurred to me how incredibly blessed I was to have a son making a decision to follow Jesus at such an early age. And then, I wondered, how would the pastor know for sure that he was making an honest decision full of understanding of what it truly meant to follow Jesus for the rest of your life?
Last night, we were blessed again.
Our pastor called to set up an appointment with us and Jackson. I thought we would all three be talking with Pastor Coleman together, but once we entered the office, we were separated from Jackson. I soon found out why.
Pastor Coleman sat with Cody and I first and talked to us about our journey to Christ and our family backgrounds. Then, he asked us to tell him a little bit about Jackson's journey to accept Christ. And, at the end, he said something like he always asks parents to explain to him what happened, especially with young children. Six years old is young to have a basic understanding of what it means to truly follow God in your life. But from what we had told him, Jackson understands what sin is and is convicted by his sin and understands what sinning means. Confirmation. For everyone.
Then, he brought Jackson in alone...we switched places. We can't seem to get Jackson to tell us what the pastor asked, other than "What did Jesus do for you?" But, other conversation was had, as he was in there for a while.
And, after that, we prayed together.
Then, our pastor took Jackson up to see the baptistry. Awesome!! I wish I'd had a camera, but the picture in my mind will have to last forever.
The pastor holding Jackson's hand as they looked out into the empty church from the baptistry. My heart was full!!
Our son is a Child of God and will some day meet us in heaven. What a great warm fuzzy feeling!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How wonderful and blessed you all must feel.
Post a Comment