Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I've Been Blessed...

...by a supportive and loving husband ...by a wonderful and compassionate son ...by family who care ...by friends all over who are just like family ...by the LOVE OF CHRIST!! I have NOT been blessed with a patient, calm spirit in unplanned circumstances. It is something I must rely on God for. For those that know me well, I panic easily before thinking rationally about an unplanned situation. There, I said it! I am often irrational! I feel for my husband and my son, because when these panic situations happen, they receive the brunt of it. Up until now, with this move, I have praying that things will fall into place and that I will remain calm...and I have. And, just as I thought, "ok, I feel like things are under control," that's when it went array. I should have known. So, our water pipes started banging three days ago in our house. After 2 service professionals honest work and opinions, I'm bringing out a plumber. The last time I called a plumber was in Florida like 7 years ago. Plumbers scare me...only because they seem like one of the most expensive services out there This is strictly based on nothing but my own thoughts...so I am probably incorrect, but alas, my blog, my thoughts =). Anyway, so the plumber is coming tomorrow. That's not what this blog is about though...carrying on... My ladies Bible Study that I have fascilitated in our home over the past year an a half had its last session on Monday. This is always hard for me because these are generally the women that I share my deepest concerns and prayer requests with. These are the women that have prayed fearlessly and continually for my requests about my nephews, my dad, my husband, my son, my in-laws, my nieces, my mom, my sisters, my brothers, and me, and every situation in between. So, the prayer request that I left them with on Monday was that I remain calm over this move b/c I was on the edge of losing it as things 'seem' like they are falling apart around me (more specifically in our house). I know they are praying...but Satan attacked me this morning. I'm ashamed to say that for an hour or two, I fell. But, just as God always does, he picked me up...and here I am writing this blog entry, because I need accountability on a large scale. I need to keep it together and only God can do that for me!! One of the ladies that I admire from my Bible Study mentioned Zephaniah 3:17 to me. So, yesterday, I read the history behind Zephaniah and read the whole 3 chapters that it encompasses. Zephaniah 3:17 says this, "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." "quiet me with his love..." "QUIET ME WITH HIS LOVE..." That stood out yesterday, and Satan knew it did! I forgot it this morning until I was heading to drop Jackson off at school (which, if you remember from past posts, is a good 30 minute drive...unless you run into traffic as we did this morning, and then it is longer =) ). God brought it to my mind... And so, I'm claiming that verse...I'm going to memorize it and live it out! I want to...I want to change...I do...but I cannot do it myself. Dear Lord, Help me. help me to know that you are with me, to trust you that you know EXACTLY what you are doing and how to "fix" it. Help me to remember that you are the great provider of peace and quiet in my life. Remind me that you delight in me and to never let that go for even a split second. Help me to be patient like you, knowing that means you will provide situations in which my patience is required. Most of all, Lord, let me show who you are through love. No problem is so big that I cannot lean on you and we can handle it together! Your are my rock...don't let me forget that!! I close this blog, asking you, as my faithful readers, friends and family to keep me accountable. I desperately need it now. I'll be good...I know, God always brings me through my rough spots because he knows me and he knew when they would happen. God is good...all the time.

No comments: