Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Joy Is...

Joy is: listening to my son laugh, laugh, laugh when being tickled by his daddy; getting to talk to my daddy and laugh with him; meeting with 50 women in one room to praise God and pray for others; playing cars where I never win the race but I've been told I don't have to crawl on the floor with my cars to race and that they can race up high while I walk; remembering people from my past and how they've touched my life; knowing that God is in control; seeing my husband if only for a brief moment; the opportunity to hug my son and have him hug and kiss me back; listening to my son talk with his toys; watching my son get so excited about a box of hand-me-down clothes and changing his clothes 4 times in one day; love...in any of the forms it takes.

Joy is knowing that there is always joy in a day! I hope you found your joy today!

(Jackson at the M&Ms Factory in LV in January...a child in a candy store=joy!! :)

1 comment:

Matt and Brynn Hodder said...

So glad to see you find joy by those around you. I can't thank you enough for giving me the encouragement to take the plunge and move half way across the world. We're loving it! I am joyful for that!

I am reading a book called One Thousand Gifts and there is an online study you might have heard of through (in)courage. I'm loving it and it's all about finding joy in the journey God takes you. Just a thought...