Thursday, September 9, 2010

Life in These Parts

Life has been going along, day by day here, but not a whole lot of excitment...just normal days, I suppose. Which, is good, I always think! Jackson has readjusted to going to school and says "WhooHoo" every night when I tell him that the next morning is preschool. He also continues to get excited about gymnastics on Thursday mornings. He seems to have enjoyed his Bible Class, "TeamKID" (Kids In Discipleship) that he is attending on Wed evenings at our church and I am so very excited about my study on "Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted" that we will be studying in my Womens Bible Study.

We are also very excited (and I mean, "we", Cody and me) about our trip to Sea World in San Diego and Disneyland CA in a few weeks. I say only Cody and me because we have not told Jackson that we are going!! We have decided to keep it a surprise and are planning to let him know with a rolling suitcase filled with Mickey stuff about a week before his birthday. We have been wanting to take him, and he has been asking to see where Mickey lives, so we thought what better time to go than the middle of October and celebrate his 4th Birthday there! So, that is the plan. I believe I may be more excited to see his face when we tell him than the actual trip itself!! The tickets are purchased and the hotels booked, so now, I'm just sifting through info to make the most of our trip! I'm also thoroughly excited to have my husband with us the entire 6 days!! In Jackson's words, "WhooHoo!"

The other thing happening here...Cody and I believe that we may register for the Half Marathon here in Vegas on The Strip in December. I think I might be crazy!! Cody has run races like this before, but I have never...side note: I AM NOT A RUNNER!! I got pumped up about it and have worked my way up to 2.5-3.5 mile runs consistently throughout the week, to be able to start the training program next week. I'm not fast, by any means; in fact, it will probably take me the same amount of time to finish the Half as those completing the Full on the same day. But, my goal is simply to finish the race!! We'll see if we actually end up doing it, but it has been "fun," none the less, to challenge myself in this area.

And, that is all...no good pictures, just an update. Hope all is well with my faithful readers!! God bless you today!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like life is good. I'm all for the "don't tell them until the last possible moment" approach because honestly, the how-much-longer questions are enough to make me crazy. I hope you have a fantastic trip! And YAY for running! You can totally do it - and you'll love it :) Keep us posted on your progress, okay? Cheering for you from here.

Heidi Sexton said...

Do the half marathon...you'll never be the same! Have so much fun in Ca. Say "hello" to home for me (my parents live 15 min. from Disneyland).