Monday, September 28, 2009

THE SCOREBOARD

OK, rewind 3 weeks ago - we were told that we had to be in Vegas by 30 Sep. So we told the Gov't that was going to cramp our style - we had one or two more European vacations we needed to take (oh yeah, and I still didn't have orders so it was next to impossible seeing that the movers only came up to Scotland once or twice a month, I had to drive down to England - drop off the car - train back (which is where I currently sit) and I had to fly to Germany for 3 days.

We won that one.

Blakes = 1, AFPC = 0

Apparently my unparalleled charisma and powers of persuasion worked wonders and our date got pushed to mid-Oct. They also agreed that we needed to see more of Europe before we left, so they decided to pay for airline tickets for me, Kristin and J to Paris and then to Prague (well, that and they were obligated to because we did consecutive overseas tours).

Blakes = 2, AFPC = 0

We'd love to show you pics from our final excursions, however...

When we got back to Scotland (realizing that we may have pushed it just slightly as we only had 6 days before the movers showed up and I had to go to England) we discovered that British Telecom had PREMATURELY shut off our telephone and internet service, even admitting that it was there fault it would take over a week to reconnect.

Blakes = 0, BT = 1

Half an hour later our laptop died.

Blakes = 0, Sony = 1

Now we have to go to a friends house, coffee shop, or interestingly the train to get online. So here I sit on the train, feeling a little guilty that I get around 4 hours of internet access and had a relaxing evening by myself in Harrogate, England in a boutique hotel, while my bride sits (without internet or a car) in a house about to be attacked by movers; trying to explain to our son that things are going to drastically change. He seems to understand more than we give him credit, saying on multiple occasions "I'm going to miss Scotland, no grass in Las Vegas."

So, my guilt about all this has led me to an odd point, something I didn't think I'd do, but I would do anything for her (sigh please). Knowing my bride would want to update you on our lives - I have now officially "blogged."

Kristin = 1, Burner = 0

- Burner
"Kill Migs"
(or "Replicate" them, in my case)

6 comments:

Heather and Scott said...

So good to hear from you guys - and I'm so impressed that you blogger, Burner!! Kristin would definitley give you points for that one :)

Heidi Sexton said...

Cody..loved your blog. I think we need the military/male perspective more often. I felt right at home reading it...alot like my dad typing.

geoffa said...

Cody, I like your writing style. Richard had told me of the disconnect. I trust the move goes smoothly, the removalist expedite the shipment for prompt arrival in Nevada. Best wishes to Kristin, Jackson & yourself from downunder.
Geoff

kristen said...

Good on ya Burner! Hope all goes smooth....it has to go better than the Kadena PCS right. Safe travels and send Kristin our love Jackson too :)

Vicki Blake said...

Oh, Cody, it is like a good romance movie. You have been won over by the leading lady. It was a romantic comedy though because I laughed throughout the blog. What you would do to get and keep the girl (sigh). Laughing because I can picture the do I do this or not going on in your mind. Then you knew....yes the girl would win.

Stu, Abby, Olivia, Eloise & Harry said...

Mate, real men blog for their wives...when told to do so and only within very strict subject boundaries and definately not whilst sat on the sofa watching sport and generally not celebrating the role women play in todays modern society.

Or we could just go to the boozer for a pint - look forward to a beer with you in Vegas in Apr.